Wednesday, April 22, 2009

4/22 Author's Note

After meeting with my group, my revisions to my humorous argument have made the collage a little better. I was instructed by them to adjust certain aspects to make the images more cohesive. I am still photo-shop illiterate so I will have to work on that in order to make the final draft look the best. My group ensured me that my argument is funny, however I really do not think that it is because I am usually not very good at being funny.. I think they just thought the kitten in the collage was humorous, but not the rest of it. Since my audience for the collage would be people who are fans of the Buccaneers and football, I did not really expect Kristen and Ellie to understand it, but they were supportive nonetheless. As for today, I hope to get more feedback from the class about what I should do to the collage to make it better. I think overall it has improved from the original idea that I started with!!

8 comments:

  1. I thought yours was funny because of the kitten and the baby face, but I do not know a lot about the quarterback controversy so I would just make sure your audience does so there is no confusion.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the humor works, connecting the player to a baby. I think it would be made more effective by just cropping the baby's face out better so the image initially looks more realistic.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really liked how you added the pictures of the baby and kitten, you might make the baby (McCown) say something to add a little humor.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Matt your humerous piece was really funny! I think that the scared cat was a very funny addition to the picture! Nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. AWESOME!! I loved all your pictures, so creative!! I like how it was like a commercial, I can just hear that deep tone announcing it! ANDDD it was humorous! good work!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I liked your humor. The babies face could be cut out and maybe a scared face since he is being tackled. You also could just use one of the pictures of the giant's player so the audience can focus. GOOD JOB!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I enjoyed yours the most out of everyone's humerous argument. I think that the baby head makes a statement that everyone can identify with, even if they do not understand the subject matter of your argument. Good and very funny. I also liek the narrative.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Matt,
    I really like the medium that you chose. It is nicely done. I thought the baby face and the kitten were funny. It might be funny if instead of a baby face you put a picture of a little kid, like in little league or something wearing a buccaneers jersey. Or you could have the baby say something to increase the humor. It looks good though! Good luck.
    Holly

    ReplyDelete