Monday, April 27, 2009

Author's Note- Portfolio 3

I am happy to have finished portfolio 3 as I found this one to be different from the previous two. I do believe that I made my topics connect from the Letter to the Editor, Op-ed and to the Humor Argument. I found this one to be difficult because I had to have the same topic for each of the three aspects of the portfolio. When I chose my topic for the Letter to the Editor the idea of Luke McCown being replaced by Jay Cutler was a possibility while it was not when I wrote the Op-ed because he had been signed by the Chicago Bears in between the two pieces. This made my Op-ed a little more difficult because my main argument was going to be that the Bucs should keep trying to acquire him, however this was now impossible because a different team signed him. Therefore, I had to take my Op-ed in a different direction than I originally intended. As For the humorous argument, I found this one to be the most difficult because I did not really know how to make this issue into something humorous.I feel that the final result is a bit silly, but the feedback I got from it makes me believe that it is ok, despite the fact that most people did not really understand it because they were not part of my target audience.

My topic, since everything surrounding it seemed to change everyday, was difficult to create three things on over the span of the month and I am glad to have finished it. However, after the draft this weekend my argument was realized when the Bucs ended up drafting Josh Freeman with the 17th overall pick of the 2009 NFL Draft. They traded up two spots to make sure that Denver did not steal him away, just as I predicted. So therefore I feel that my arguments were valid! Overall,I found this to be an interesting portfolio, and I am glad to finally be done!

No comments:

Post a Comment